This class is designed for anyone interested in becoming a certified float guide. 5 days of in-depth and concentrated on water applications to achieve the minimum qualification of 50 hours required by the State of Colorado. At the end of the 5 days you will be able to conduct guided float fishing tandem with other trip leader status guides. You must earn 250 commercial river miles and 250 personal river miles before you can commercially guide clients on your own per the State of Colorado.
Subjects covered in this class will include but are not limited to:
- Oar fundamentals
- River Currents, Eddies & Waves
- River Hazards
- Types & Causes of river rapids
- Documentation requirements for being a float guide in the State of Colorado.
- Scouting & Running Rapids
- River Rescue & Emergency Procedures
- Minimizing outdoor recreation resource impacts
- Proper fit & use of Personal Flotation Devices
- Z drag system, un-pinning boats.