Learn the basics of how to navigate a raft or drift boat down a river for personal experience. You will gain an understanding of the boat and how everything works in conjunction with understanding how to read a river and how to maneuver accordingly. White water safety is imperative and you will gain knowledge about swift water rescues and how to be proactive when it comes to water hazards.
Subjects covered in this class will include but are not limited to:
- Rigging & Maneuvering the Vessel
- River Currents, Eddies & Waves
- River Hazards
- Types & Causes of river rapids
- Documentation requirements for being a float guide in the State of Colorado.
- Scouting & Running Rapids
- River Rescue & Emergency Procedures
- Minimizing outdoor recreation resource impacts
- Proper fit & use of Personal Flotation Devices
- Z drag system, un-pinning boats.